Saturday, May 23, 2009

Busy girl!--and my own toot!

okay, yesterday's post was a quickie I do have one more layout and a story to share.  First here is the layout, from the most FABULOUS June kit at Scrapbook Circle:
I know I scrapped this photo before but I had another one and it was perfect for this kit.  My journaling is around the edges as to not take away from anything....And it's true this little boy makes me LAUGH!

pattern paper: Cosmo Cricket, Fancy pants
trim: Fancy pants
chipboard letters: Basic Grey, Sassafrass Lass
card: Sassafrass Lass
sewing, staples
brads: Making Memories
rubons: Jenni Bowlin
border: Bazzill

okay, now for my story that is not scrapbook related in anyway, or maybe it should be.....anyway....My ice maker went out on my 3 year old fridge!  I was very upset, I HAVE to have cold water!   I live in a VERY hot place it has already been 107 degrees this week.  Imagine not having cold water.....yeah I know, HORRIBLE!   This went on for a couple of weeks, and I am dying having to go to the store and buy ice (good thing I can get a 25 lb. bag for $2.79!) it's just annoying though.  Anyway, DH usually the handy man wasn't getting to it as fast as I wanted him to.  So, I researched it out and realized that (basically) the sensors were broken, the whole ice machine worked it just didn't know that it had ice and needed to put it in the collector thingy (yes a technical term!).  Well, I found a place that had the part, ordered it.  The part came yesterday and with DH help we replaced the electronic parts that were broken.  And yes, I hear that BEAUTIFUL sound of ice being made again.  I was SO proud/surprised of myself for figuring it out!  I just had to give myself a TOOT--and share!  Yes, you to can be a super hero in your own home! :)--ok, that was just plain cheesy...
Thanks for stopping by, hope you are enjoying your weekend!

2 comments:

Theresa C said...

I love this picture of little C! His facial expressions totally remind me of yours. Congrats on figuring out your ice maker. You really are a wonder woman :)

Unknown said...

Great LO. What a fun design and yeah for you on the ice thingy! You should be very proud!