Friday, September 11, 2009

Scrapbook Circle is having a Card challenge contest!

(as taken from Scrapbook Circle blog--Thanks Stacy!)

{September 09 Card Challenge Contest}...a prize is up for grabs!!!

How about a card challenge contest girls??? Do I have any players??? I know we have some fabulous card makers out there!!!


& yes, Miss Lisa has agreed to put a prize up for grabs!!! (she will be posting a photo of the prize next week) Thanks Lisa :o)


If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE working with sketches...so, I chose a PageMaps CardMap sketch from June 2009 for your inspiration:



I love this one because I could incorporate several patterned papers and the design is clean & simple!


I decided to create a "Thank You" card, as one can never have enough of them on hand! Here's what I came up with:



I used Jillibean Soup pp's and a journaling sprout from the August Kit here at Scrapbook Circle. As you can see, I followed the sketch VERY closely! For the contest, you can change it up however you see fit; rotate, substitute an embellishment or element, etc. The sketch is only meant to INSPIRE :o)


Here are a few closeups:


In order to create the upper left circular element of the card, I chose to cut out a circle from the Jillibean Soup patterned paper. I thought it would be fun to use as the base of my flower embellishment.




Here is the upper left corner of the card with the flower & brad layered over the Jillibean Soup circle...




The Jillibean Soup journaling sprout came with printing on the other side, but I chose to use the blank side for my "Thank You" sentiment, stamped in red.




I used an eyelet & some embroidery thread to attach the sentiment to the card & it was done! Super simple & easy...but I really like the finished project!


Supplies: June 09 CardMap White card base-unknown Jillibean Soup pp-hot water (both sides), mixed veggies (both sides) - AUG KIT,Jillibean Soup-journaling number sprout - AUG KIT, Stampin' Up-eyelet-Night of Navy, Spare Parts by The Paper Studio-silk flower & brad,Embroidery Thread, Machine zig zag stitching,Stampin' Up ink-Real Red



The RULES & fine print: Use the CardMap sketch above to create a card of your own with your choice of supplies. Post your creation to your blog, then post a comment to this post with a link back to your blog. Better yet, upload your creation to our Scrapbook Circle photo gallery & note "Sept 09 Card Contest" in the title of your photo upload. Either way, you will be entered into the contest which will run until September 30, 2009. A winner will be randomly chosen and announced on October 1, 2009. (There's no fine print...I was just kidding about that part!)


So, let's get those creative juices flowing & get some fabulous cards made! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

2 comments:

the Provident Woman said...

I love that Thank You card

http://theprovidentwoman.com

Tina said...

I love layouts and cards with grid patterns! Looks great Diana.