Thursday, July 1, 2010

Family--pink paislee banners

okay, I just have to tell you I LOVE the starlight collection from Pink Paislee, I was super excited to see that we had a bit of the collection in the July kit from Scrapbook Circle:
I wanted to show you what I did with the banner stickers on the sheet. I obviously used them to make the title. What was tricky was how do I use them with out using them as a sticker?
If you look really close in this picture you will see that I backed them with paper (scraps from the kit) I then trimmed them right up next to the scallop. I then used my paper piercer to poke holes in the corners to string my bakers string. I then measured how long the title would be and using my x-acto knife I poked holes for my brads. Then I put the string in between the prongs and put them through the holes.
supplies:
july kit scrapbook circle
pattern paper: fancy pants, jilliebean soup, glitz designs
brads: bazzill (my stash)
letters: girls' paperie
sewing
stickers: pink paislee, glitz designs
date strip: elle's studio

One more side note these are my brothers with me. Aren't they handsome? We took this at Easter--LOVE that we took the opportunity to take this. My challenge to you-take the opportunity to take the shots when you have them! Like my friend Claude says, "Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over."
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*love* this layout! that banner is so cute!

CalleLillyCafe said...

Yes I love that tiny banner! Great photo too!