Monday, October 18, 2010

Sketchy thursdays 10.14--ride to school & a ribbon flower tutorial....

So the kids went back to school, I got some laundry done, bread made, went to the gym and played with this weeks sketch at Sketchy Thursdays:
Here's a closeup of the title:
This is one of those cool Pink Paislee Parisian papers included in the kit,  they are SOOO cool!  I distressed it with scattered straw, shabby shutters, and tumbled glass.  YUMMY!

One of the add ons for the October kit is Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology Ruffled darlings ribbon (that's a mouth full!), you can take a look HERE (BTW they ship free with any purchased kit.)
1. I snipped a 2 1/2" piece of ribbon:
2. I rolled the ribbon shinny side in:
3. I ran it threw my sewing machine on a straight stitch:
4: this is what it looks like:
I then had a brad from my stash and worked it through the center of the flower, this is a closeup of the finished project:
Easy right?  I am almost at the end of my WONDERFUL kit, I think I can manage one more layout.  And then I'll probably make some cards.  There still are a few kits left, you can see the whole kit detail HERE.
I'm off to soccer practice, wanted to thank you for stopping in and visiting!

9 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

GREAT layout!! And I LOVE your ribbon flowers!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS Diana! I love love love love love all the YELLOW and loving those FLOWERS!!! Thanks for the tip!! And thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

CalleLillyCafe said...

I just saw this & thought of you!

http://stanleychow.bigcartel.com/product/w-is-for-wonder-woman

lisa said...

Lovely page. Love those blooms x

Unknown said...

Fun page! Those flowers are fantastic.

Tessa Buys said...

I love how you used the kit! Very clever flowers :).

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout! I love the colors and the layers!Cool design!Those flowers are so cool!
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdyas!

Keshet said...

This is so fun! I am slightly obsessed with gray and yellow lately!! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays and have a happy Wednesday!

Diana Fisher said...

Hi girlie! Great tutorial and I love what you did with the sketch. Love it all!!