Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm here...I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!

Life has been rather busy around here.  Filled with FUN, family, and FOOD! :)  I have done some creating and I will share that with you.  

Thanksgiving was AWESOME I had cousins come here from different states, some of these people I hadn't seen for like 14 years and longer!  I got nominated as the photographer, sort of interesting as two of my cousins (neither of which were there) are professional photographers!  I got some fun candid/family shots.

OH, and for those of you that are local--don't believe the rumors, I DID NOT separate his shoulder! (he did that all himself diving into the ground for the ball.)  for those of you that are not local, we played a touch football game with people from our ward Thanksgiving morning.  Someone stopped at the bus stop this morning and called me a BULLY! :)  ANYWAY, my daughter and I plus another lady were on one team with my hubby, some kids and one other man.  the other team DID NOT want us on their team.  Hmmm...they even called us the "girl" team, they even went so far as to tell us that we could throw, catch, or run.  REALLY?!  The outcome of the game?  Yes, the girl team WON!  My daughter intercepted 2 passes and made two touchdowns herself, while I ran people down and "touched" them.  Some I guess harder than others.....(hey, I had all brothers!)  I may be older but I can still move!  The other gal on the team wasn't to shabby herself.  Yeah, don't underestimate woman, we are TOUGH! :)


I've also been doing some research on some DSLR cameras--don't get me wrong I LOVE my fuji point and shoot, I'm just ready for my pictures to have that extra--umph!  This is what I'm looking at  Canon EOS Rebel T2i.  It's sort of scary to go to an SLR but I think, and from what others have been telling me I will LOVE it!  I'm trying to be a good girl so that Santa might bring me one! :)

Alright you've been patient enough!  I wanted to share with you a Christmas sign that I made using Elle's studio tag, and hybrid paper.  My tree is cut from my cricut.....
The frame I bough for 25 cents at a yard sale, I painted it and added glitter to it.  Wondering how I attached the jingle bells?  Good old hot glue!
I need to jet, I've got a sick girl, she came home early from school.  Thanks for stopping in and visiting me!  I've got A LOT more Christmas themed things I've made.  The December kit Winter Wonderland from Scrapbook Circle is FABULOUS!!


5 comments:

Jennifer Yates said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving!!! So excited for you about the camera! Hopefully Santa will bring it!!! Tell Santa to get just the camera body and then buy a better lens!!! I promise you won't be sorry! Love your frame too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that frame...the bells are AWESOME!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving. Really fun frame. I hope you're good enough that Santa will bring you the camera.

Tina said...

Love the frame Diana!!
I am thinking of switching cameras also. I had a 35mm back in the day but never made the switch to dslr. I am definitely going with a Canon but don't know the style yet. Can't wait to see what you end up with. Good luck! Hoping Santa brings one!

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful frame!! I LOVE those bells:-) And, do NOT be scared of the SLR ... it is the BEST ever!!!