Friday, October 14, 2011

grandpas truck

 These pictures have been sitting on my desk for a couple of years.  Why haven't I scrapped them--don't know, I decided that I was going to scrap them when I found the paper that fit I guess....  And I did in this months Fresh Picked kit!  
you have to know that this boy was SO proud to help out his grandpa--he loves this truck too! :)
You see those stars down there to the right?  I actually traced around a piece of chipboard star and then cut with my xacto--why?  I had already cut the sheet and had it sewn to the page!  I decided that it needed something else.   HORROR--I CAREFULLY flipped it so that I would not cut through the background and then placed it on my self healing cutting matte, I then backed each star with one of the studio calico scrap pads--I even used one of the stars behind the title.  fun stuff--this layout took me a long time because I wanted to get it just right.  The buttons are from my stash....everything else is from the Fresh Picked kit.
That's it for today!  Thanks for popping in for a visit!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee this!! Great everyday event to document and loveeeeeeeeeee what you did with the stars! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Rebecca Keppel said...

This is an awesome design and I love how you cut the stars and backed them with the SC scrap pads!

Unknown said...

The stars are a great touch. What a cool thing to document.