Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Kicks....

I challenged myself with this layout!  At Christmas time we bought this bottle of club soda to make some homemade root beer.  The bottle intrigued me and I took a picture of it not knowing what it would inspire me to do. Then I remembered I took a picture of my new shoes--perfect combo!
Challenges:
1. use the design of this bottle to create a layout.
2. use the picture of my new shoes as the focus of my layout.
3. use ONLY cardstock!  NO pattern paper.
my take on my own challenges:
A few close ups:
I used my trusty Cricut Gypsy to help me out with planing out my page. I like using my gypsy because you can use layers which provide you a view of the creations on different layers so that you can get an idea at what size to cut your objects. (You could also do the same thing with Cricut Craft room--I just happened to want to watch a show with my kiddos....)

1. I picked a circle using the Accent Essentials cartridge (this came with my Cricut Expression), if you do not have this cartridge, there are several others that have a circle on them.  (you can use the Search option on your gypsy or Cricut Craft room--type in circle and they will pull up all available cartridges) I picked a size I wanted 1.5" and copied and pasted this a few times.  Then I changed the size of my circle to 1", .85" & 1/2" repeated the process.  Each of these circle groups were matched like they were on the bottle on my gypsy

2. Next on Layer 2, I worked with my title using the Opposites Attract cartridge I sized the title so it would fit with my circles.  For the word New (I used the opposite feature) I sized it to be 1.5" high, then using the K_E tool (I like to call it the scoot tool) I scooted all of the letters together so I could meld them and so that they cut as one word.  I did the same with the word Kicks, I sized it to 2.5" tall and using the scoot tool connected the letters.

3. The sunburst were cut at 1.5, the smaller is cut at .5" (on Layer 3, again to measure up to the rest of the work I) with the Accent Essentials cartridge.  I used white cardstock then sprayed it with tattered Angels Ink.  The colors I used were Key Lime Pie and Silver Sugar.  )If you click the links they will take you to where I purchase my glimmer mist.)

4. After all items were cut I backed the main page with different colored cardstock.

5. Using my any where seal punch I punched out the red.

6.  I adhered everything to the page, then journaled.

I really had a great time with my own challenge, making everything work to celebrate my new kicks!

Thanks for stopping in for a visit!

6 comments:

Jingle said...

I love the graphic circles! Very cute layout!

Diane Payne said...

Oh, how cute! I love all the circles and the great retro feeling to the layout!

sarah said...

soooooooo awesome. love that you made your own challenge and created a layout with the help of a bottle. hehe.

hugs,
sarah.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeeee how you did that background and the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Rebecca Keppel said...

fabulous CS only layout!

Anonymous said...

Well I definitely enjoyed reading it. This post procured by you is very useful for accurate planning.
Crayola 23-6002 Model Magic Modeling Compound Class Pack, Asstd Colors, 1-oz. Pouches, 75/ctn