Monday, July 16, 2012

so happy

Hoping your Monday is a happy one, typing in between loads of laundry today.  Listening to my kids JAM out while they clean their rooms, they must be dancing too because I hear pounding feet.... :)
This fun little card I made with the Sunshine Day kit From Scrapbook Circle, made one cut with my silhouette and backed it with some LOVELY Echo Park paper.

I initially was going to use this little piece on a layout but it just didn't work--LOVE how it works just perfect on the front of the card!

This weekend we were hit with a MASSIVE monsoon storm it SERIOUSLY rained, we walked around afterwards and took pictures.  Can you see the bench?  There is usually about 2 feet clearance underneath...
 There is normally sand underneath the play area...
view of the run off...
 I just loved this shot because it had the reflection of the trees and clouds in the water...
(these were all taken with my iPhone...didn't want to slip with my good camera in that stuff...)  SO grateful for the rain.  Our parks around here are set up for run off, so the MASSIVE amount of rain not only covered our streets but ran down into our parks.  the storm was so bad in other areas tree branches were broken and trees were blown over.  Makes me GRATEFUL for a roof over my head and RAIN, we need it.
Thanks SO much for the visit today!
____________________________________________________
products I used:




5 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

Love your card! The colors are so fun and bright. Did you see the new Silhouette challenge blog coming up?
I wish we had more rain. It's so dry in the summer.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yikes!! we didn't get the storm in Glendale... only rain -- it got dark several times, but nothing heavy!!! I love love love your card! BEAUTIFUL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the hexagons and that heart!!!

Diana Fisher said...

We need the rain, too. My poor grass is brown! Love the card!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Pretty card! We watched our pool fill to the rim! We even got hail!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh how pretty! Love the colors and design! :)