Tuesday, February 5, 2013

american crafts inspired by ads.

Today on the American Crafts blog these two layouts were featured.  We were challenged to find ads that inspired us to create!  These two inspiration pieces came from my Rachel Ray magazine: 
 my take (yes, the picture over my daughter's face was overshadowed by the sun....)
 closeups:
 Supplies: Honeycomb (71633) - Cardstock, Greenwich Village Paper (35838) - Soho Garden, Fox Gold (53414) - Thickers, Boho Black (53423) - Thickers, Jingle Crimson (53439) - Kringle and Co, East Village (89429) - Soho Garden Carded Ribbon, Carrot Brads (8479) - Elements, Metallic Buttons (85439) - Elements, Hudson Square (85608) - Bits, Poppy District (42273) - Remarks, High Line Park Paper (35831) - Soho Garden, Playtime Plaza Paper (35803) - 5th & Frolic, Today (59220) - Roller Date Stamp
The colors in this ad are actually my gir's FAVORITE colors--serendipity!
I had serious fun trying to figure out how to cut the arrows with my cameo!  I think it turned out pretty fun!
 closeups:
 Supplies: Simplicity Circle Paper (35801) - 5th & Frolic, 2nd & Oak Paper (35812) - 5th & Frolic, Little Moments Lane Paper (35808) - 5th & Frolic, Honey (71730) - Cardstock, 5th & Frolic Fabric & Epoxy Brads (85597) - Elements, Weekender Truffle (53395) - Thickers, Diara (53430) - Thickers, Fabric Stickers (42268) - 5th & Frolic Remarks
SUPER fun challenge--it really made me stretch and it was a GOOD stretch!
Thanks so much for the visit today!




9 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome use of the ads for inspiration Diana! Love both of these pages!

Tina said...

These are both amazing Diana! I love your interpretation of the ads! some of my faves!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love love these!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the photos!! And LOVING that title work on the second one!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

ooo love this as inspiration. They made awesome layouts!!

deb duty said...

Love how you were inspired by ads. These look really great! It was so nice meeting you at CHA! Glad I happened upon your blog!

Jingle said...

These are fantastic! I really love the birthday layout!

Briana Johnson said...

First off, those are FAB inspo ads. I love how you did your alpha sitcker mix to mimick the first one. I love the arrows on the second. Both excellent pages!

Kim said...

very cool, I adore the grid design!

Rebecca Keppel said...

They are both fab! I love the cut background on the first and the whole clean design of the second!