Monday, March 11, 2013

nap time.

a while back I inherited a BUNCH of FANTASTIC black and white photos of my mom and her family growing up.  I found this gem in the mix and knew I had to use it!  I really didn't want to use a HUGE 12 x 12 sheet so I decided to cut down the vellum to be matted by the white cardstock of 8.5 x 11.  I had to be strategic with the adhesive so it wouldn't show as I am out of vellum adhesive.  I really LOVE how this just came together:
a little closeup of the corner:
 I LOVED using the my girl line from American crafts, I'm not necessarily girly and neither is my girl but I LOVED that the papers were SO diverse!
I had a hard time getting the right angle so that the super AWESOME title would show up!  I LOVE the shiny letter, just makes it pop!
I love this picture, I know there is one JUST like this of my mom and I somewhere...it's funny how you can see how you look like your family in pictures sometimes.  My grandma's eyes look JUST like my mom's..I don't think I've ever noticed because she wears glasses.  LOVE that I could scrap this moment in time!
Thanks for the visit today--we have spring break and lovely weather--I hope we can enjoy the week!

7 comments:

Jingle said...

What a wonderful photograph!!!! The entire layout is super sweet!

Rebecca Keppel said...

oh i seriously love love love this.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a fabulous and precious lo and love love love the butterflies!! GORGEOUS!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a great layout for this photo Diana!! Love the use of the My Girl collection!

Patricia Roebuck said...

That photo is pricesless! And goes so well with this line...beautiful vintage LO!

Unknown said...

This is soo sweet, Diana. I just love the design and how precious it feels.

Unknown said...

You are lucky to have the older black and white photos! I really like how you used the butterflies on this.